Take your involvement to new heights
The Parent Leadership Council (PLC) is comprised of a group of dedicated UCI parents who seek to make a difference in the UC Irvine community. PLC members are dedicated to advancing the mission of UC Irvine by providing the university with volunteer leadership, parental perspective, and financial support. It strives to enhance the experience of every parent and student through outreach, networking and fundraising efforts. Simply put, PLC members set an example for all Anteater Parents!
Members support both UCI fundraising and outreach efforts by:
- Annually supporting the Parents for the UCI Fund or a specific school or unit
- Writing personal notes or making personal phone calls to Parents for the UCI Fund donors
- Signing engagement and solicitation letters on behalf of the Parents for the UCI Fund and/or Parent Leadership Council
- Attending area events to help identify prospective students and parents
- Sharing suggestions to cultivate funding for UC Irvine
- Meeting with local and regional legislators, through UCI Advocacy efforts.
Parent Volunteers wear a variety of hats, from helping with university and community events to meeting and discussing issues of mutual interest and concern. They participate in university life by sharing their expertise, experience and personal and professional associations with the university, its students and each other. Members can volunteer for event committees, serve as regional contacts for other parents and students, attend area events, help identify prospective students, encourage them to apply to UCI and much more.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Acting as the regional contact for your local community as a resource of UCI information.
- Organize parent coffees at a local coffee shop as an informal social and networking opportunity for Anteater parents.
- Host “Anteater Welcome” receptions for prospective new freshmen and their families during the summer.
- Participate in on campus events as volunteers, speakers and representatives of the UCI parent community. Sample on-campus activities include:
- SPOP (Student & Parent Orientation Program)
- Freshman Move-in day
- Parent’s Day
- Celebrate UCI & Wayzgoose
- 50th Anniversary Celebrations – beginning Fall 2014
- Provide career advice and guidance to students in specific schools or majors.
- Share excitement and information about UCI on our UCI social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
For more information and to get involved, contact Parent Engagement today at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 949-824-0542